FFL FIREARM TRANSFERS / GUN TRANSFER AGENT MAINE
SEE THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT FFL TRANSFERS - CLICK HERE
See our procedure below as ours may be different from other shops.
IMPORTANT POLICY PLEASE READ
Transferee: You can pick up your item the NEXT DAY during normal business hours AFTER THE TRACKING STATUS SHOWS DELIVERED. **NOT THE SAME DAY.**
Remember hanguns are never shipped with long guns so if you purchased a hand gun and long gun you should have two tracking numbers.
Tracking can change and may not be delivered the same day as originally supplied. So check the tracking number(s) before coming to pick up your firearm(s).
IF YOU COME THE SAME DAY AS THE FIREARM IS DELIVERED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP YOUR FIREARM. IT WILL NOT BE READY. I will tell you to come the next day to pick it up.
PLEASE DON'T BE THIS GUY
TRANSFER FEES: (Fees do not apply to firearms purchased from us)
TRANSFER FEE: (for online purchases or private sale between two parties) : $25.00 Credit of Debit ($20.00 CASH PRICE) per firearm
MULTIPLE HANDGUN TRANSFER CHARGE: (for online purchases or private sale between two parties within 5 consecutive days) : $20.00 ($15.00 CASH PRICE) THIS IS IN ADDITION TO THE TRANSFER FEE SHOWN ABOVE.
Active duty military transfer discount (must have active duty id)
TRANSFER FEES: $20.00 Credit or Debit ($15.00 CASH PRICE) per firearm
MULTIPLE HANDGUN TRANSFER CHARGE: $20.00 Credit or Debit ($15.00 CASH PRICE) THIS IS IN ADDITION TO THE TRANSFER FEE SHOWN ABOVE.
PLEASE READ BELOW
When a transfer fee is charged:
- THIS FEE IS CHARGED WHEN YOU PURCHASE A FIREARM FROM ANOTHER COMPANY AND YOU WANT IT SHIPPED TO ME AND I TRANSFER THE WEAPON TO YOU. THE COMPANY MUST HAVE A COPY OF MY LICENSE ON FILE IN ORDER TO SHIP THE FIREARM TO ME.
- THIS FEE IS CHARGED WHEN YOU WANT TO SELL A FIREARM PRIVATELY AND WOULD LIKE IT TRANSFERRED TO THE PERSON YOU ARE SELLING IT TO. THIS PREVENTS THE FIREARM FROM BEING SOLD TO SOMEONE THAT IS NOT ABLE TO OWN A FIREARM DUE TO CRIMINAL OR OTHER HISTORY.
IMPORTANT: A CURRENT STATE OF MAINE DRIVERS LICENSE OR STATE PICTURE ID IS REQUIRED FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO PURCHASE A FIREARM THROUGH US. PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY HAVE YOUR CURRENT PHYSICAL ADDRESS ON THEM. IF NOT YOU WILL NEED A CURRENT MAINE VEHICLE REGISTRATION, MAINE HUNTING LICENSE, OR MAINE CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT WITH YOUR CURRENT PHYSICAL ADDRESS ON IT. NO PO BOXES. ID'S MUST NOT BE EXPIRED.
MULTIPLE HANDGUN PROCESSING CHARGE: (Fee does not apply to firearms purchased from us) 3310.4 REPORT OF MULTIPLE SALE OR OTHER DISPOSITION OF PISTOL AND REVOLVERS PROCESSING CHARGE
MULTIPLE HANDGUN TRANSFER CHARGE: $20.00 Credit of Debit ($15.00 CASH PRICE) THIS IS IN ADDITION TO THE $25 Credit or Debit $20 (CASH PRICE) PER FIREARM FEES
SEE YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR GENERAL INFO ON THE MULTIPLE HANDGUN PURCHASE FORM - CLICK HERE
EXPLANATION OF THIS PROCESS:
- Form 3310.4 or Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers is a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives form that a firearm dealer must fill out when an unlicensed person purchases or acquires two or more handguns at one time or during five consecutive business days (not including weekends or holidays). ATF Form 3310.4 must be completed in triplicate (3 copies), the original is sent to ATF’s National Tracing Center by fax or by mail, a copy is to be sent to the designated State police or the local law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction where the sale took place, the remaining copy is to be retained in the records of the dealer and held for not less than 5 years.
Investigating the Purchase of Multiple Firearms - Under the 1968 Gun Control Act, FFLs are required to report multiple sales of handguns to the same purchaser. Have you ever thought about buying a set of His and Hers pistols? Or maybe you go into a gun store to buy a handgun, and you see a deal on another one that you just can’t pass up. There’s nothing wrong with a thoughtful gift or getting a deal, but there is something important you must know. The sale or disposition of two or more handguns must be reported to the ATF and local authorities if they occur at the same time, or within five consecutive business days. The same goes for certain rifles sold in southern border states. This is because the ATF keeps a close watch on the transfer of multiple firearms that take place in a short period of time. This is to prevent weapons trafficking, unlicensed firearms businesses, and to protect public safety. Whatever the reason may be, just know if you find yourself in this situation, the ATF and the local police may want to inspect your collection, and you need to know what to do.
FIREARM TRANSFER PROCEDURE / POLICY: PLEASE READ COMPLETELY
SEE THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT FFL TRANSFERS - CLICK HERE
See our procedure below as ours may be different from other shops.
If you plan to purchase a firearm through an online auction site or dealer located in another state you will need an FFL transfer. The firearm to be transferred must be legal to own here in Maine! If you are not sure please check state laws before bidding or making a purchase. You must have a valid Maine drivers license or state id with your current physical address. If your drivers license or id does not have your current physical address you must have a valid Maine vehicle registration, Maine concealed carry permit, or Maine hunting license that has your current physical address on it (not expired). We do not do transfers for non residents of Maine or Non US citizens. Our policy requires that you must be Maine resident and a United States citizen for us to do a transfer.
How the process works:
- You purchase the firearm a retailer
- You email me the order info and the email address I need to send my FFL to (many large companies including the auction site Gun Broker already will have my FFL on file so I will not need to send my FFL to them) (SEE BELOW FOR THIS PROCESS AND MY EMAIL ADDRESS)
- I send a copy of my Federal Firearm License signed with RED or BLUE ink to the seller,
- The seller mails the firearm to me.
- The seller will send you a tracking number
- You can check the tracking number provided by the seller
- The day after the tracking shows delivered you can come over and fill out THE 4473 and we perform a background check. (SEE POLICY BELOW)
- Once the background check is complete with an answer of PROCEED you pay the FFL transfer fee and you are free to take your weapon home.
NON FFL PRIVATE PARTY SHIPPING TO US FOR TRANSFER:
- HANDGUNS MUST BE SHIPPED TO US FROM AN FFL (LICENSED DEALER)
- If you have someone that is shipping a long gun (rifle or shotgun) to us but they do not have an FFL they must include a copy of their drivers license with the shipment or the transfer cannot take place.
- FYI the biggest problem I have is private individuals not including their DRIVERS LICENSE OR ID in the shipment.
IMPORTANT POLICY - Transferee: You can pick up your item the NEXT DAY during normal business hours AFTER THE TRACKING SHOWS DELIVERED. **NOT THE SAME DAY.** Remember hanguns are never shipped with long guns so if you purchased a hand gun and long gun you should have two tracking numbers. Tracking can change and may not be delivered the same day as originally supplied. So check the tracking number(s) before coming to pick up your firearm(s).
IF YOU COME THE SAME DAY AS THE FIREARM IS DELIVERED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP YOUR FIREARM IT WILL NOT BE READY. I will tell you to come the next day to pick it up.
**DO NOT COME THE SAME DAY THE FIREARM IS DELIVERED AND EXPECT TO DO THE TRANSFER. PLEASE ALLOW THE TIME FOR ME TO LOG IT IN. THE NEXT DAY IS FINE. THE SAME DAY IS NOT.
$$ You pay me for the transfer when you come over to pickup your firearm.
To start the process I will need the following information e-mailed firstname.lastname@example.org or FFL@mainegundealer.com to me:
1) The name and email address to send a copy of my FFL to. The ATF now allows dealers to accept FFL's by fax or e-mail so please include an e-mail address for the dealer selling the firearm. We will accept an FFL by e-mail only as we do not have a fax machine.
2) A description of the firearm to be transferred.
3) The item number and name of the auction web site if purchased through an online auction site.
4) Your contact information - Name, address, e-mail, phone number.
5) Put your name or firearm description in the title of the e-mail.
Once I have this information I will send out a email stating who it is for and a description of the firearm (and auction item number if applicable) along with my FFL to the seller.
After your firearm is shipped the dealer should send you a tracking number.
PICKING UP YOUR FIREARM: After your firearm arrives (use the tracking number suppled by seller as I will not contact you) you will be able to pick the firearm up the NEXT day after the tracking shows delivered (not the same day) during normal business hours. (See Google or the website hours page for updated hours) Remember hanguns are never shipped with long guns so if you purchased a hand gun and long gun you should have two tracking numbers. Tracking can change and may not be delivered the same day as originally supplied. So check the tracking number(s) before coming to pick up your firearms.
**DO NOT COME THE SAME DAY THE FIREARMS IS DELIVERED AND EXPECT TO DO THE TRANSFER. PLEASE ALLOW THE TIME FOR ME TO LOG IT IN. THE NEXT DAY IS FINE.
UPS - Sometimes UPS will come VERY LATE in the day sometimes after I am closed. If you see your firearm is delivered late please note that I could be dumped on with a lot of shipments. I may end up opening late due to this. So you may not want to come first thing when I open or check hours on Google.
DELAYS - Snow storms and bad weather in state or out of state can cause delays. Seasons such as Christmas and Tax Time can cause delays due to the volume of packages. Make sure you check your tracking number. If your tracking number shows the delivery is scheduled for a certain day check again that day to see if it was actually delivered. I have had many deliveries delayed a day of more due to bad weather (this could be bad weather in other states as well) or because of the high volume of packages in the system. Never assume the tracking is correct or will never change.
You MUST pass the background check in order to receive your firearm.
Please take your trash home. I don't want to have to get a dumpster.
ALLSPORT PERFORMANCE INC.
681 BOG ROAD
HERMON, ME 04401
PRIVATE SALE TRANSFERS (PERSON TO PERSON):
Peace of Mind Transfer. You can conduct a private sale while involving an FFL with the firearm being signed onto the books of the FFL. A background check will be completed on the buyer of the firearms. At my shop, I call this a “Peace of Mind Transfer” to reassure the buyer that the gun isn’t stolen and to let the seller know that they aren’t selling the gun to a felon.
If you plan to sell a firearm you own to another person you have the option to do an FFL transfer. The firearm to be transferred must be legal to own here in Maine! If you are not sure please check state laws before selling your firearm. You are not required to be a Maine resident for us to transfer a firearm to a Maine resident. You must be a US citizen. You must have a valid drivers license or state id with your current physical address. If your drivers license or id does not have your current physical address you must have a valid vehicle registration, concealed carry permit, or hunting license that has your current physical address on it (not expired). We do not offer transfers for non residents of Maine or Non US citizens so make sure the person that is buying the gun is a Maine resident and US citizen.
How the process works: Make arrangements with the buyer of the firearm. Tell them you want to meet them here. Make sure both of you have the proper identification and proof of address with you. You should make a bill of sale prior to coming to the shop. When you arrive I will log the firearm into my book. I will have the buyer fill out a 4473 and process the background check. Once the background check is complete and as long as the buyer passes the background check you may complete the sale and the firearm will be logged out of our book to the new owner. There is no need to make an appointment with us.
DELAYED OR DENIED STATUS:
PLEASE BE ADVISED YOU COULD BE DELAYED and not be able to pick your firearm up the same day. Some customers get delayed when it is their first firearm purchase, some are delayed randomly, and some get delayed everytime, and many never get delayed. The results are the same whether the background check is called in or done online.
See this page for more info about being delayed and the reasons for it - https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/delayed-firearm-transaction
See this page also for more info if you are delayed or want more info - https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/a-nics-delay
If you are are denied see this page - https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/national-instant-criminal-background-check-system-nics-appeals-vaf
We use the Brady Transfer Date for delayed background check with no response.
A Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) will receive the following instructions when a call is transferred from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Contracted Call Center to the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division’s NICS Section for a transaction resulting in a delay:
“—NTN— is delayed while the NICS continues its research. If you do not receive a response from us, the Brady Law does not prohibit you from transferring the firearm on ___ day/date ___.”
We have the right transfer on the Brady Transfer date or not to transfer at all. - If the FFL has not received a final determination from the NICS when the Brady transfer date arrives, it is within the FFL’s discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm (if state law permits the transfer). If the FFL transfers the firearm, the FFL must check “no resolution was provided within three business days” on line 21d of the ATF Form 4473.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SALE:
We have the right to refuse to sell to anyone. Some of the reasons we may refuse to sell to a customer. We are here to serve and protect the public from those that should not have firearms.
A customer that
- Is a suspected Straw purchaser
- Appears to be under the influence of drugs or smells of drugs.
- Appears to be a danger to themselves or others
- Appears nervous or angry (Even if someone shows extreme anger when the background check status is delayed. We have to wonder if they are planning something.)
- Has a medical marijuana card that is visible to us.
- Talks about killing or conducting violence.
- Does not have the knowledge, experience, mental capacity, or dexterity to handle a weapon. We would do this to protect them from hurting themselves or others.
- Has someone else sitting outside in a car that looks suspicious or could have out of state plates when the firearm can only be sold to Maine residents. Straw purchase? We do have camera surveillance systems.
We may not give you a reason as to why we refused the sale. We are not required to give a reason. We will not refuse a sale due to gender, race, or sexual preference.
I charge $25.00 per firearm ($20.00 CASH PRICE) payable when you pickup your firearm.
Shipping to Allsport Performance Inc.
Our shipping address is;
Allsport Performance Inc.
681 Bog Road
Hermon, Maine 04401
ATTN: Maine law requires you to notify the Secretary of State within 30 days of any change in your name or address.
Report suspicious activity any time at 1-800-ATF-GUNS
Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
If you are concerned about yourself or about somebody else please call the Maine Crisis Hotline 1-888-568-1112
If you are not in Maine, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- OR -
Chat with a crisis counselor online:
Lifeline Crisis Chat
What to expect when you call a hotline:
You will be helped by a professionally trained crisis worker who will listen to you and connect you with services in your area. This may include connecting you with community resources, offering referrals to outpatient services or a local crisis unit, or providing a recommendation for in-patient services.
List of Maine Crisis Response Programs by County (*PDF)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Website: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org